The New Horizons Program was founded for adults who wish to experience the joy of music. The primary requirement is a desire to have music in your life. It is a national program, founded by Dr. Roy Ernst, from the Eastman School of Music. New Horizons National Program.
We have three groups at Holy Names Music Center in the New Horizons Program:
- New Horizons Orchestra
- New Horizons Choir
- New Horizons Bluegrass Band
- Horizons Special Information
- New Horizons Fees
Why you might want to join…..
- Take pride in your accomplishments – maybe you played an instrument as a child, or have always wanted to learn to sing. Now is your chance!
- Grow musically with other members of your ensemble. Enjoy the friendships that come with involvement in a group.
- Work with fantastic, highly talented musicians. This is an incredible experience for you and the music instructors and coaches as well.
- Experience no pressure. Just come and experience the joy of music.
New Horizons ensembles typically perform many times each year in venues ranging from formal concerts to shopping malls to parks to retirement and nursing homes.
Unsure what instrument you would like to play? Contact us and we’ll talk it over. You may be able to try some of our rental instruments. Also, the orchestra may have a need for more players of certain instruments.
“Playing in an orchestra takes my mind away from the day. I am totally focused on just hitting the right note at the right time with just the mood I desire. I come home a kinder gentler person.”
Polly McMahon, New Horizons Orchestra Participant