1. Holidays: The New Horizons ensembles will not meet on those same days that the public schools are closed (i.e., Christmas and New Years, Spring Break, Holidays). Check our calendar for closings.
2. Food and drink: There is a strict policy of no food or drink in the Recital Hall. This room was recently redecorated, and we are trying to maintain it as a beautiful place to make and listen to music.
3. Use of chairs: Please take your own chair from the Recital Hall to the room where you will have your section rehearsal and return it to the Recital Hall when finished. There are a limited number of chairs in the studios, plus some fold up chairs both upstairs and downstairs.
4. Visit early, leave on-time: Come early to visit with friends if you like, but please expedite your departure at the conclusion of your ensemble as the staff cannot leave until the Music Center is locked up for the evening.
5. Music stands: We do not have enough music stands for everyone. You are highly encouraged to purchase and bring a fold up, portable stand. You would want to have one for use at home.
6. NHP Discount at Hoffman’s: You may purchase method books and other musical supplies at Hoffman’s Music, and upon announcing that you are a member of the New Horizons Program, you will receive a 20% discount.
7. Parking: There is handicap parking and a handicap ramp behind the Music Center. There is also space behind the Music Center for approximately 20 cars. All others must park on the streets in front of the Music Center. We strongly encourage members to car pool to the Tuesday evening rehearsals.
8. Easy access restroom: There is a handicap restroom on the first floor near the front office.