The adVentures in Voice lessons provide a singing foundation for young students, both girls and boys, from age 8 to 13.
- Coordinating and developing muscles used in vocalizing
- Breathing effectively and aligning the body for good posture
- Building skills in musicianship and reading music
- Communicating with expression and articulation
- Using the growing vocal instrument in a healthy way
- Sharing hard work in performance (Regular recitals are a Holy Names Music Center benefit!)
- Preparing for auditions: local theater groups and choral programs, and solo festivals (optional)
- Boosting confidence1
- Singing is fun!
Prerequisite: Student can read lyrics (helpful)
Teacher: April Young, Voice