Policies and Procedures of Rental for the McNally Recital Hall
I. Facility Use Guidelines as they relate to Music Center Programs
A. Instructional Programs of the Music Center have priority use of the facility.
B. Instructional events and activities, which involve the students of multiple faculties, shall have a higher priority use of the facility than those of a single faculty member.
C. Use of McNally Recital Hall shall be by written request and on a first request, first use basis. Reservations will not be open to non-Music Center individuals or groups until after September 15th each year.
D. Exceptions to the post September 15th reservation requirement will be considered for music groups which will be utilizing the facility on an ongoing basis.
E. Cancellation of reservations may result in forfeiture of $50 deposit.
II. Space / Facility Rental Policies and Procedures
Please review these Policies and Procedures carefully. If there are any questions please call (509) 326-9516.
- When requesting a reservation, please include set-up and clean-up time in your reservation request. We sometimes schedule back-to-back events, especially during the popular May-June time period.
- A non-refundable Reservation Deposit in the amount of $50.00 is due upon confirmation of rental date. The Reservation Deposit will be applied toward the Hall Rental Fee or may be retained if the date is cancelled. Your date is not confirmed until the deposit & signed contract are received by HNMC.
- The balance of the Rental Fee is due in full one week prior to the first usage date (including rehearsals for recitals). Failure to remit the Rental Fee within the time period will result in loss of the reservation and the non-refundable deposit.
- A $75 Cleaning Deposit is also due in full two weeks prior to the first usage date. All rentals are expected to be self-sufficient – the Music Center does not provide custodial services. It is the responsibility of the person designated as the “Person Responsible for Rental” to ensure the cleanliness of the facility during and immediately following the use of the facility. Please use the provided CLEANING & SECURITY CHECKLIST located on the Rental Agreement. The Person Responsible for Rental must attend an orientation prior to use of the facility. The Cleaning Deposit will be refunded when the Recital Hall is deemed by HNMC staff to have been left in satisfactory condition. (i.e. left clean)
- The Key Deposit in the amount of $30.00 per set is due in full one week prior to first usage. The key(s) shall be picked up no more than two business days prior to the first usage date and returned within 48 hours. The Key Deposit will be refunded if key is returned within 48 hours.
- Please use a separate check for payment of the $105 cleaning/key deposits and the rental fees. This will expedite the refund of deposits upon review of the facility’s condition. Make checks payable to “Holy Names Music Center” or HNMC.
- Absolutely NO refreshments of any kind may be served in the Recital Hall! Limited types of refreshments may be served in the foyer only. Please do not serve items with staining properties such as coffee, tea, red or purple colored beverages or items containing frosting, chocolate, or candied fruits. Holy Names Music Center reserves the right to charge additional monies if the space cannot be returned to its original state with the damage deposit submitted.
- The Person Responsible for Rental shall contact the Music Center office and set up an appointment for Facility Orientation and key pickup during HNMC office hours within approximately 48 hours prior to the reservation date. Orientation is a relatively quick process which usually takes no longer than fifteen minutes to complete. Orientation and key pick-up are NOT available on weekends or holidays and must be arranged during regular office hours.
Upon acceptance of rental reservation date, the renter will be sent a copy of the rental agreement. Please sign and return it with the Reservation Deposit. When those are received your rental is considered ‘confirmed’. Upon completion of the Facility Orientation the Person Responsible for Rental shall receive two copies of the Facility Rental Agreement. One copy to keep, and one copy to be returned to the office following rental with the checklist portion completed and a copy of the recital/event program attached. If office is closed, the mail slot in the office door may be used.
III. Rental Fees — Recital Hall
Please include set-up and cleaning time in your reservation request. We may have another renter scheduled before or after your reserved time!
A. Outside Renter
A minimum of $150.00 will be charged up to 3 hours and $50 for each hour thereafter.
B. SMTA Members
20% Discount. Minimum 3 hour requirement waived.
C. Key and Cleaning Deposits
- Key Deposit is $30.00 per key set, and is fully refunded if returned within 48 hours.
- Cleaning Deposit is $75.00, and is fully refunded if facility reset to original condition.
- A $75.00 cleaning deposit is charged if simple refreshments are served in the foyer.
D. Other Facility Use Fees
- There is a $120 fee for tuning the piano prior to the rental and two weeks advanced notice must be given to the office to arrange for piano tuning, if desired.
- Rehearsal Rooms $5 per hour Larger Rehearsal Rooms $10 per hour
- You must register with the office in advance and use when The Music Center is open (up to 5:30 PM unless special arrangements for opening and closing the building have been made).
- Studios are available for teaching only for HNMC Faculty. (Exceptions may be made by special permission by authorized Music Center Personnel.)
- The copier is available @ $.10 per copy (white paper) when previous arrangements have been made and an account has been established. The copier is only available during business office hours.
Please call the office with any questions 509-326-9516 or email email@example.com.
Fill out our Reservation Request Form